Becoming parents is a pleasure and challenging responsibility for check-ups of baby’s age-wise especially since born until next one year. Doctors recommend continuous check-ups for three to five days after baby birth, after that on first, second, fourth, sixth, ninth and twelfth month. During the check-up, many things that are essential for baby’s care are done such as growth, progress, weight, vaccination, height and several other kinds of treatments. First, one year is one of the most crucial periods for the baby’s development in life.
Maintaining booklet for a scheduled check-up of baby’s
Just after the birth of baby’s doctor makes the record book for maintaining his overall information related to the health. In which age-wise complete data is accumulated with progress and well -being. On every time doctor will note down essential baby’s record in the booklet. Specially doctor checks baby’s weight, growth, vaccination, height and some other important facts.
Two types of test are conducted for making confirmation about child’s hearing is ok or not. Otoacoustic Emission and Auditory Brainstem Response are the two different rests, in first test earphone or microphone are placed inside the baby’s ear for assessing sound reflection from his ear. and in Auditory Brainstem Response test the electrodes are kept over the baby’s head for getting a response of nerve to sound. Throughout both tests are important for knowing hearing loss.
Metabolic screening is conducted by taking a blood sample from the heels of the baby and checked his inherited such as hypothyroidism.
New born babies first get the Oral Polio Vaccine (OPV) and BCG vaccine.
Doctors do some test for checking baby’s behavioural development such as smiling and cooling is proper or not. Doctors may inquire some questions related to the baby’s behaviour and his activities, the responses over actions. Baby’s consult doctor confirms any behavioural issues regarding the baby.
List of Vaccinations
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV)
- Oral Polio Vaccine (OPV)
- Haemophilus influenza type B (Hib)
- Injectable Polio Vaccine (IPV)
On the first month of your baby’s checkup doctor test for basic examination, such as taking measurements, physical growth and baby’s psychosocial development. Usual checkup during the first year of the baby is an important time to be cure baby’s if caught any issues. Whenever need for baby’s check-up does it on time, it is an essential responsibility among all when you have a new baby. With this particular time, there are many challenges for staff as well as patient precautions.
The child needs wellness check-ups at the ages of two weeks, two months, four months, six months, nine months, twelth months in one year. First, five years parents should take care of babies for the betterment of baby’s growth and strongness.
Baby needs doctor treatment
- The child under three months suffering from fever
- The baby between three to six months has a 101-degree temperature
- Older than six months child has 103- degrees temperature.
- The baby fever has lasted for more than three to four days.
Questions parents get during new born caring
- The way of bath baby
- How much should feed my child
- How long Normal crying.
- How much sleep required.
- Baby’s diaper.
For the safety of babies, some are important guidelines around home
- Put a cover over all electrical outlet.
- Place safety gates in front of the staircase.
- Make safety for basement doors.
- Don’t keep any medication openly store in a locked cabinet.
- Store cleaners keep out of reach in a safe place.
- Baseboard makes secure with cords.
- should response faces from 20 to 30 km away
- It is to pay attention to the bright from ten to twelfth inches
- Response to the sound
- baby should turn on Parents’ voice
- should be grab hold of a finger in the palm
- doing the pull up while standing
- it should throw legs and arms out
- whether baby reaching to the object
- is baby smiling
- wash your hands carefully before handling baby
- who are sick they should not come close to baby.
- pay attention towards baby’s need
- make sure the water for the bath is not hotter
- Assure bath soap is fragrance-free
- Do not give any medicine without the prescription of a doctor
- Never shake your baby that can be dangerous
- Don’t smoke near the baby
- Ignore sun exposure
- No need to apply sunscreen over infant for less than six months old.
- Keep baby always on the back seat of a car.
Crying is not bad, some child cry more than others. the cry should be at one layer but continuous and long crying may damage baby’s brain. Newborn babies need proper nutrients and breast milk is one of the best sources for infants. The child should be fed when they are hungry, that is about every one to three hours later. It must sleep for eighteen to nineteen hours a day, waking up often during that for breastfeeding. Parents need to do a physical observation of their baby when undressed. Compiling with an eye examination, check pulses, hearing baby’s heartbeat, feet, hip and back.